#GOOGLE ANALYTICS BEGIN #GOOGLE ANALYTICS END

Goodbye 2012, HELLLO 2013!!!

>> Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I haven't written since May. It's been quite a whirlwind of a year - ups and downs - and some real emotional realizations.

2012 for me was a year of change. At least I called it that...from separating, filing for divorce, figuring out how to single parent and co-parent with my not-quite ex-husband to building a new relationship with someone I've known almost all my life, finding my role in his life with his children while making sure my son's interests are my priority. It has been EXHAUSTING! Whew!!!

But along the way, there were plenty of good times - highlights:


  • Soft Cover Girls - my monthly book club which somehow has turned into meeting for drinks at Happy Hour and catching up
  • Dishin' Divas - my monthly cooking club with my 'Mom friends', which unfortunately has turned into an every other month gathering
  • Monthly Happy Hour - my sister and I started this so we could try out different places for drinks and appetizers, catch up with old friends and meet some new friends too!
  • Work - has been amazing. To having GREAT co-workers that are friends too, helps to keep my motivation and gives me gentle reminders about how much work is a second home. So much, that you should do what you love and enjoy what you do! 
  • Legoland!! The six of us took an amazing trip (our first!) and the kids (us adults too) all had a blast! It was less stressful than any of the trips I've taken in the past three years even with kid attitudes and tantrums.
  • North/South Carolina - This was our first solo trip (me and Cubby). Although I was my usual panicky self pre-trip, we managed to make it there and back without any issues. Cubby is a GREAT traveler, I'm so lucky! He's my little adventurer for sure. We got to see a really good friend (and nanny) who we haven't seen in over two years. What a GREAT trip!
  • Dating/Relationship - I have never felt more like myself. He has brought such a peaceful feeling into my life and even when I act crazy, it doesn't phase him. He is such an understanding, loving, forgiving person. He makes sense when nothing else does, and when I'm with him I just feel like the world is right. It's just surprising that after 20+ years of friendship (he's also one of my brother's best friends) that we are actually together. 
So, 2013 - a  new year... still some changes coming down the pipe but what will actually happen remains to be seen. All I know is that I'm looking forward to embracing all that this year will offer and continue with the good times with my friends, family and co-workers. Happy New Year!!!



0 Comment(s):

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP